Comprehensive Exam for the Courses-Only Option MSEE Students
1. The exam will be held mid/late semester. The time and place will be announced as soon as it is known.
2. To be eligible to take the exam, you must be a graduate student in classify and good standing status, and will complete at least 21 units (including transferred courses) at the end of the semester you take the exam.
3. To take the exam, you need to register for it at least two weeks prior to the exam date. The registration form is available on line here (Fillable Form).
4. The exam will be closed book.
5. A calculator will be allowed in the exam.
6. The exam will be graded on a curve.
7. If you fail the exam you can retake as long as you do it within the maximum time allowed for the degree completion.
8. The exam will be given twice a year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring.
- The exam is an 1.5-hour closed book exam.
- There will be 14 problems from 14 EE graduate-level elective courses as listed below:
− VLSI & Mixed Signals: EE223, EE224, EE287
− Power Electronics & Control: EE231, EE238
− Communications & DSP: EE251, EE253, EE255
− Digital/Logic: EE270, EE271, EE275
− Networking: EE281, EE283, EE286 (Currently EE 289)
- You are required to answer 3 questions among the available 14 questions on the exam.